STAR Physical Therapy offers specialized Women’s Health physical therapy in Tennessee, also known as Pelvic Health physical therapy, designed to care for women that suffer from pelvic pain or urinary incontinence.
EVENTS THAT CAN CAUSE PELVIC PAIN AND URINARY PROBLEMS IN WOMEN:
- Abdominal Surgery
- Cesarean Sections
- Chronic Coughing
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Poor Mechanics With Lifting
- Poor Posture Which Causes Muscle Weakness
COMMON CONDITIONS THAT CAN BENEFIT FROM WOMEN'S HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY / PELVIC HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY IN TENNESSEE
- Pelvic Pain
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Abdominal, Sacral, and Rectal Pain
- Dyspareunia/Pain with Intercourse
- Clitoral Pain
- Tailbone Pain/Coccygodynia
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Female Pelvic Pain
Most bladder control problems happen when the pelvic floor muscles become weak. Just like any other muscle group, the pelvic floor muscles can be successfully strengthened, with the help of a qualified physical therapist, to eliminate or reduce your symptoms.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING WOMEN'S HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY / PELVIC HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY
The Women's Health physical therapy / Pelvic Health physical therapy care provided at STAR is unique. Specifically, unlike many physical therapy providers in the area, STAR Physical Therapy is committed to total individualized care for our pelvic health patients. OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
- Your Physical Therapist will take a history, evaluation, and assessment to UNDERSTAND your problem to help you GET BETTER FAST!
- Treatment is in a COMPLETELY PRIVATE ROOM.
- You will work with 1 PHYSICAL THERAPIST EXCLUSIVELY. For example, you will have the same Physical Therapist for EVERY VISIT. In other words, it will be just you and your Physical Therapist. Therefore, NO ASSISTANTS will be assisting in your care.
- Appointments last up to 1 hour. Again, you will receive DEDICATED 1 ON 1 CARE FOR THE ENTIRE VISIT.
- Treatment typically consists of 1 - 2 visits per week for a duration of 4 - 6 weeks.
- During treatment, please wear whatever clothing you're comfortable in and can move easily in.
- Above all, we will design an individualized treatment plan that addresses your specific symptoms.
WOMEN'S HEALTH / PELVIC HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
Not sure if women's health physical therapy / pelvic health physical therapy is right for you? Take the Cozean Pelvic Dysfunction self-assessment questionnaire. Firstly, check all of the signs and symptoms of pelvic dysfunction that apply. After that, count how many of the circles you checked. If you checked more than 3 of the circles, pelvic floor dysfunction is likely.
WOMEN'S HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY / PELVIC HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY IN TENNESSEE IS COVERED BY INSURANCE
Did you know that Direct Access allows most patients to be seen without a prescription from a physician?
To learn more or to schedule a Women's Health physical therapy / Pelvic Health physical therapy appointment, please click a link below for site specific information or simply call one of our Women's Health Physical Therapy / Pelvic Health Physical Therapy centers in Tennessee:
STAR WOMEN'S HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY / PELVIC HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPY LOCATIONS IN TENNESSEE
STAR Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in Brentwood, Tennessee - (615) 376-3556
STAR Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in Clarksville, Tennessee - (931) 906-4170
STAR Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in Franklin, Tennessee - (615) 591-8480
STAR Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee - (931) 766-6677
STAR Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in Murfreesboro, Tennessee - (615) 225-2185
STAR Pelvic Health Physical Therapy in Pulaski, Tennessee - (931) 292-6311
We would love to care for you and help you get your life back!