At STAR Physical Therapy, the health of our patients and staff is our top priority. As always, we practice the CDC-recommended cleaning procedures and protocols to prevent the spread of viruses and illnesses. We encourage everyone to take the necessary precautions to stay healthy and help us maintain a safe environment for our patients and our staff.
Here are the steps we are taking to help to prevent infection and the spread of the virus:
- We are screening all patients, visitors, and employees for COVID-19 symptoms and exposures daily.
- All employees are wearing face masks.
- After each patient encounter, we are washing our hands with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- We are routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as mats, treatment tables, exercise equipment, computer keyboards and mice, pens, phones, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc.
- We encourage a minimum of a 6-foot space between all patients and employees whenever possible, except to the extent necessary to provide services.
- We have implemented a COVID-19 Hotline for employees to obtain guidance related to our health and safety policies and COVID-19.
How you can help us maintain a safe and healthy environment for yourself & our patients:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, a fever, or any respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose) please call ahead to reschedule your appointment or arrange a telehealth visit, if appropriate.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please call ahead to reschedule your appointment or arrange for a telehealth visit, if appropriate.
- If you, anyone in your household or any of your close contacts are being tested or have tested positive for COVID-19, please let us know before your appointment.
- Please take a minute to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you first walk inside.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard the tissue immediately into a closed bin, and then please promptly sanitize your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow CDC recommendations for vaccination, testing, masking, quarantine, and isolation.