At STAR Physical Therapy, the health of our patients and staff is our top priority. As always, we practice the CDC recommended cleaning procedures and protocols to prevent the spread of viruses and illnesses. We encourage everyone to take the necessary precautions to stay healthy and help us maintain a safe environment for our patients and our staff. While we remain diligent in taking these necessary precautions and alter our daily routines during this global health crisis, we want to let you know that our doors are open to serve you.
Here are the steps we are taking to help prevent infection and the spread of the virus:
- Daily screens of all patients, visitors, and employees for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All employees are wearing masks or face coverings.
- Only staff and patients are allowed in the treatment areas.
- After each patient encounter, we are washing our hands with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- We are routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as; mats, treatment tables, exercise equipment, computer keyboard and mouse, pens, phones, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc.
- We are requiring a minimum of a 6-foot space between all patients and employees whenever possible, except to the extent necessary to provide services.
- All patients, employees, and visitors are expected to wear a face-covering at all times in our clinics and offices unless a reasonable exception applies.
- For those persons that are unable to wear a face-covering due to health, safety, security risk, or for personal reasons, please contact your therapist to discuss alternate treatment options such as telehealth.
- Wearing a face covering is not a substitute for maintaining 6-feet social distancing and hand washing, as these working together remain important steps to slowing the spread of the virus.
During this time we are asking for help maintaining a safe environment for yourself, our patients, and our staff:
- If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or know or suspect may have been exposed to COVID-19, let us know before your appointment.
- Before you start treatment please take a minute to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have symptoms of any respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose) please call ahead to reschedule your appointment or schedule a TeleRehab visit, if appropriate.
- If you have a fever please refrain from coming to the clinic until you have been fever-free for 3 days.