At STAR Physical Therapy, the health of our patients and staff is our top priority. As always, we practice the CDC recommended cleaning procedures and protocols to prevent the spread of viruses and illnesses. We encourage everyone to take the necessary precautions to stay healthy and help us maintain a safe environment for our patients and our staff. While we remain diligent in taking these necessary precautions and alter our daily routines during this global health crisis, we want to let you know that our doors are open to serve you.
Here are the steps we are taking to help prevent infection and the spread of the virus:
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19. Staff with respiratory symptoms return home and do not return to work until well.
- All patients are screened to make sure they have not been exposed to COVID-19 and to make sure that they are not exhibiting symptoms (Fever, Cough, and Shortness of Breath). If a patient presents with COVID-19 symptoms they will be advised to return home and contact their healthcare provider for medical advice.
- Only staff and patients are allowed in the treatment areas. If a patient requires assistance or transportation the additional parties will be asked to wait outside until the appointment is completed.
- All staff is wearing masks or face coverings.
- After each patient encounter, we are washing our hands with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- We are routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as; mats, treatment tables, exercise equipment, computer keyboard and mouse, pens, phones, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc.
- We are also washing our hands after every time we cough or sneeze.
During this time we are asking for help maintaining a safe environment for yourself, our patients, and our staff:
- Please help us follow CDC guidelines by wearing a cloth facial covering or mask while in the clinic. This will help protect our staff and each other. For more information on how to properly wear a face covering or make a mask click here.
- Before you start treatment please take a minute to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- It is allergies season. When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have symptoms of any respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose) please call ahead to reschedule your appointment or schedule a TeleRehab visit, if appropriate.
- If you have a fever please refrain from coming to the clinic until you have been fever-free for 24 hours.