Medicine and Exercise both strive to provide you with your path to maximize health and physical performance; but the connection between the two can be difficult to understand. This often leads towards inefficient and ineffective exercise prescription and programs.
With METHOD; Exercise and medicine can work together! METHOD allows us to look at an individual’s unique metabolic fingerprint at the cellular level. What this allows us to do is to prescribe the best training protocol for individuals based on their test, allowing one to optimize their physical performance in every aspect in life.
The METHOD software and CRA Testing is intended to be used by trained, certified health professionals for the purpose of optimizing weight loss, enhancing athletic performance, preventing injury, improving exercise results, and maximizing recovery.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Everyone can benefit by incorporating METHOD into their exercise program/prescription.
- Athletes trying to increase sports performance
- Patients recovering from a medical condition/injury
- Those who are trying to live a healthy life style
- Post-Op & Pre-Op patients
- Weight Loss Individuals
In order to determine an individual’s metabolic fingerprint; the participant must complete the METHOD CRA-Testing Protocol. METHOD CRA is an incremental exercise test used to determine your Prime, Anaerobic, and Peak heart rate zones. You can then use these heart rate zones to maximize the benefits of your workout while avoiding injury.
- Prime: the point where your body is most efficient and the place where you are most likely to realize performance improvements. When you are in your Prime Zone, your body is maximizing its use of oxygen and is burning the greatest amount of fat as a fuel source.
- Anaerobic: your body is exclusively using stored carbohydrates and is no longer burning body fat.
- Peak: Exercising in your Peak Zone significantly increases the risk of injury and can decrease performance. When you are in your Peak Zone, your body is depleted of stored fuels and actually begins burning muscle mass. Therefore, the Peak Zone is your top end for developing output (intervals, lifting or high intensity work).
What to expect
- 60 min session to include setup, testing, and review of results.
- Graded incremental exercise test following a specific protocol that will provide a metabolic profile.
- Blood Lactate level readings. A drop of blood will be taken every 3 minutes.
- You will be wearing a heart rate monitor (You can bring your own heart rate monitor if you prefer, however using one of ours is highly suggested).
- Test Results of your unique metabolic fingerprint.
Prior to the Test
- Drink plenty of water/fluids the day before and on the day of the test.
- Have a healthy well balanced breakfast consisting of Proteins, Fats, and Carbohydrates the morning of the test. (Ex. Eggs, Toast, Yogurt, Milk and OJ).
- Be well fueled throughout the day before the start of your test.
- No exercise 36 hours prior to your test. (This may affect your test results)
- 7-9 hrs. of sleep the night before test.
- Be sure to be dressed appropriately for a workout, dressed in shorts a t-shirt and sneakers.
- Participants that have been on medications for less than 6 weeks, we ask that you do not take them the day of your test. Please contact us or your physician if this is a problem.
After completion of the CRA Test the participant and test administrator will discuss and review the results. The CRA Test generates an exercise plan based on each person’s individual metabolic fingerprint.
A Follow Up/Re-Evaluation based on your test results will be scheduled. Depending on how you, the participant, performed or the outcome of the results; a 30-90 day follow up will be assigned the day after your test.
IPhone users- METHOD METABOLIC includes an app where participants can view their assigned workouts for the week. Workouts created by a certified professional are tailored to your specific goal based on your test.
Call today to learn more or to schedule a consultation. 615-591-8480
Method CRA Testing available at: Franklin